Dear Jo Jo,
You have spent less than 24 hours with us and so far here is what I know about you:
1) You rarely cry. You’ve only really cried when we were getting in the bath. As soon as you hit the water, though, you stopped. I think you like the water!
2) You grunt and chortle and basically make LOTS of noise while you sleep. I like it because it lets me know you’re still breathing.
3) You will be too big for my preemie diapers soon, but are way too small for size 1. I have no idea what you weigh, but I’m guessing between 6-7 pounds.
4) You are sometimes very bright eyed and you focus very easily for a new baby. You even gave us what looked like genuine smiles this morning! (You were smiling at your foster grandma.)
5) You fart a lot, and I think you have gas pain because you get very restless and grunty beforehand. We’re going to try to help you out!
Jo Jo, I’m so glad you are here. You are the exact size my daughter Avalon would have been if she’d lived. Because of her, I’ll be a better mommy to you. She made me into a mother ready to love you with open arms. You have brought us nothing but joy since last night, and you have a home with us for as long as you need one.