Flew on an airplane with a toddler by myself (I hope to never repeat this after this year).
Made my own daal bhaat, succesfully.
According to my blog, I didn’t have any. I’m sure I did have a few but hopefully I accomplished them all or they became irrelevant! (Or they are just ongoing, like losing weight…)
True, I’m going to try to lose the 10lbs I lost after Germany (and then re-gained).
Read and play music in front of M on a regular basis.
Save $$$ with thriftiness and spending only on gas, groceries, experiences, and books (for me).
Go to Nepal and maybe a few other places.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
7. What dates from 2015 will remained etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The potty training was more M’s biggest achievement. Mine was beginning to cook from scratch at home regularly, and it actually tasting good. I don’t like cooking, but at least I don’t exactly hate it anymore! I became a much better parent, and I put a lot of work into it, with pretty good results as far as dealing with my kid’s behavior, her behavior improving, and both of us being less stressed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I ended a relationship, and it was the second time I’d ended it with the same person. I’m not saying I wish I hadn’t, but it caused a lot of pain, even for me.
Both M and I had a wicked bronchitis, with M going into two ERs. I had a bad stomach bug last month but luckily M didn’t get it.
The ingredients for daal bhaat, including basmati rice, Indian yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, Himalayan sea salt, and lentils. Also, our airfare to Germany.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I got into quite a fight with my dad over his right-winged, culturally conservative (ahem, bigoted) viewpoints which resulted in us not being facebook friends anymore.
Gas, as usual. Second, groceries. Third, travel. Fourth… Christmas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Probably “Hello” by Adele and “Wildest Dreams” by Taylor Swift
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Preparing meals and snacks for day trips and work, so I didn’t eat crap or spend money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
School. It was a waste of time.
Christmas Eve in the ED with my grandma, Christmas day we went back in the afternoon. I played with M and her new toys.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I was super excited to get another season of OITNB!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Pretty much no.
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali for sure!
25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Honestly I saw very few movies this year that weren’t for children.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had cake and a little BBQ on my lake, my kid blew out my candles with me, and it was just low-key. I turned 31.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Sometimes I wore jeans (instead of pajama pants) and boots and put make-up on. I shaved half my head!
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.