Since my posts have been anything but cheery lately, and yesterday I was in a rotten mood and M was wound up and going in and out of time-out, and wouldn’t settle down and ended up going to bed in her crib instead of in the bed, I thought I’d try to lighten up today by copying Lindsay at Solo Mama Life and make out a “Summer with Toddler” bucket list. Finding things to look forward to always cheers me up a little during a stressful patch of days!
1) Grow our own vegetables (garden is planted, except for onions and potatoes)
2) Spend a day at the beach at Lake Michigan, hopefully a relaxing day
3) Visit Michigan Adventure and see if M will go on any of the kiddie rides
4) Go to all three local county fairs and pet the animals
5) Ride a horse (or maybe just see a horse) at the local Bison ranch (they have little horses for kids to ride)
6) Use M’s passport for the first time in Canada and Germany
7) Survive about 10 hours of international travel with a two-year-old
8) Ride on a horse-drawn carriage at Mackinac Island
9) Hang up the tree swings next to M’s beach
10) Go strawberry or blueberry picking
Should be a great summer!